I go to Jakarta to attending Tech In Asia Jakarta 2016 conference. It’s a two days startup conference that held in Balai Kartini at 16-17 November 2016. There is several segments in this conference; Content Stages, Bootstrap Alley, Exclusive Room, Working-Meeting, Speed Dating, Roundtables, Luncheon and Night Crawl session. Find more info about the conference by read this ebook: Tech In Asia Jakarta 2016 Conference Guide.
Now you already well knowing about Tech In Asia Jakarta 2016 conference. Below is my personal notes with several documentation when attending this Tech In Asia Jakarta 2016 conference with my NATEK Studio fellow teammates.
Day One – 16 November 2016;
Early morning take off from Surabaya and landing in Jakarta, @6:45AM.
Breakfast and check in Amaris hotel, @8:20AM.
Go to Balai Kartini and arrive in Balai Kartini, @9:30AM.
Inside the Marketing Stage: How To Produce Content That Generates Leads, @10:30AM. The speaker is Justin Lee, Southeast Asia Senior Marketing Manager of HubSpot. You can listen my audio record of the whole Justin Lee presentation if you want; Produce Content That Generates Leads by Justin Lee.
You also can download report that already writen by my NATEK Studio fellow teammates; Content Marketing by Fely.
Inside the Marketing Stage: How LINE Entered Indonesia and How LINE Can Help You Do It Too, @11:00AM. The speaker is Ongki Kurniawan, Managing Director at LINE Indonesia, LINE Corp.
LINE entered Indonesia since 2012. In the first year, 2012 – 2013, when the growth of smartphone user booming, LINE marketing campaign focusing on educating Indonesian with message “Messaging and Stickers is Fun and Free using LINE” but only targeted to female 20s as audiences. From there Ongki Kurniawan as speaker tried to emphasize to me and to the other audiences that the “mantra” for LINE marketing campaign is Right Message, Right Audience and Right Time. For the second year till now, Ongki Kurniawan said that LINE marketing campaign still use that “mantra” and will always use that “mantra” for the next marketing campaign, always Right Message, Right Audience and Right Time.
At the end of presentation, Ongki Kurniawan tell me and the other audiences that LINE marketing strategy is combine the mantra above with two other strategy to become three key pillar for LINE marketing strategy. Below is the three key pillar;
- Fast and Furious of Killer Features and Services.
- Right Message, Right Audience and Right Timing Matters.
- Localization – Feels and Works like Indonesian.
You can listen my audio record of the whole Ongki Kurniawan presentation if you want; How LINE Entered Indonesia and How LINE Can Help You Do It Too by Ongki Kurniawan.
Inside the Marketing Stage: How To Develop A Marketing Strategy From Scratch, @11:30AM. This not a presentation. This a talk show with Takeo Apitzsch, Head of Digital Intelligence Center of Edelman Indonesia and Leo Nara Wirendra, Head of Strategy of Edelman Indonesia that hosted by Leighton Cosseboom, CEO of Content Collision. From this a half hour talk show, I’m already noted the important things in Develop a Marketing Strategy from Scratch;
- Have Digital Intellegent is Must (analysis/big data).
- Focus on the Right Message, the Right Audience at the Right Time.
- Consulting or Partnership with Digital Agency if Necessary.
You can listen my audio record of the whole talk show if you want; How To Develop A Marketing Strategy From Scratch.
Break and go to Grand Indonesia for lunch, @12:30PM.
Inside the Main Stage: State Of App Economy: Market Developments & Forecast, @4:00PM. This a talk show with Danielle Levitas, Senior Vice President of Research & Analysis of App Annie that hosted by Nivedita Bhattacharjee, India Editor of Tech in Asia. I’m too sleepy and can’t write any note from this talk show.
But you can listen my audio record of the whole talk show if you want; State Of App Economy: Market Developments & Forecast.
Inside the Main Stage: Smart City, @4:30PM. Another talk show in the Main Stage with RaMa Raditya, CEO and Founder of Qlue and Setiaji, Head of Jakarta Smart City of Jakarta Capital City Government that hosted by Osman Husain, MENA of Tech in Asia.
You can listen my audio record of the whole talk show if you want; Smart City. Below is my notes about the important things to build Smart City;
- Technology, Infrastucture and the Government.
- Technology that Provided by Startup.
- Technology that Can Used by the Government.
- Infrastructure that Provided by the Government.
- Infrastructure that Can be Accessed by Startup.
- Big Data that Can Gather Information.
- Big Data that Can Used and Accessed Together.
Go to Amaris hotel and go to Sate Lamongan for dinner, @7:00PM.
Prepare for tomorrow and take a rest in Amaris hotel room #908, @11:20PM.
Day Two – 17 November 2016;
Open The PROFIT Booth, @9:30AM. Booth #C151 not #C150.
The PROFIT business education game already release in beta version. You can download The PROFIT game at Google Play store. Maybe you’ll find some bugs there but it’s still playable to try. We need your feedback to make The PROFIT more better. Please download it now and tell your business friend out there.
Open MATA KOTA Booth, @9:30AM. Booth #C162 not #C161.
Bootstrap Crawling After Lunch, @1:00PM. There is 280 startup exhibitors and sponsor exhibitors. Here you can read the full list of all 280 startup exhibitors and sponsor exhibitors; Tech In Asia Jakarta 2016 Startup List.
Take last photo of my NATEK Studio fellow teammates in Tech In Asia Jakarta 2016 venue before being in a hurry to go to airport to take off from Jakarta and landing in Surabaya, @10:45PM.
You can download my presentation that I’ve made to reported this event to all my NATEK Studio fellow teammates in NATEK Lab. if you think this post too bluffing you; TIA Jakarta 2016 Report from Mamak POV.
Below is my [personal] notes about all startup that I’ve met in Tech In Asia Jakarta 2016 conference;
- Startup have several ways to Monetize their project; Ads [just ads like ussual not like ads inside The PROFIT game app that building brand inside The PROFIT game app], Services [sell as service by create subscription or provide such kind of escrow service for online transcation], Goods [sell goods both B2C and B2B], Analysis/Big Data [provide digital intellegent for their partner as requested].
- Many stratup from Indonesia don’t know digital strategy deeply. This mean, many of them still dependent on another company, such like publisher, agency, developer, consultant or the others. They are leads for me, for my NATEK Studio fellow teammates and for you if you want.
- Almost all startup from outside Indonesia need partner and still don’t have partner in Indonesia to enter the market. Another leads only for me and for my NATEK Studio fellow teammates if you don’t want it.
- There is several startup that focus on B2B between another startup, it can be publisher, agency, developer or consultant. But many of them to be too prime for another startup although they need them. More leads for me, for my NATEK Studio fellow teammates and for you if you want to align your conversation with they not them [they and them is differrent].
- From all startup that attending in Tech In Asia Jakarta 2016 conference, no one of them talk about Skateboarding, maybe grazed a little bit.
- We able to provide services [for they not them] and should be focused for startup in Indonesia, both local and non-local. They are is prospective client or potential partner to get revenue and to get access to another Big Data resource.
- Have digital intellegent asssets is must to keep in control in this digital era. In the next several years we’ve been able to dig up information sourced from our digital intellegent assets. So, be such kind of holding that capitalize several startup project is our intended goal.
Ssssttt… two day is done and I think I’m having fun. See you next time!
Ps, all of this is my personal notes, please don’t make it personal if you disagree with what I’ve noted, you can discuss it with me, let’s sit and drink a lot, talk and laugh a lot with me!